Atlas of foreign body ingestion, foreign body ingestion, atlat for Pediatric, atlas for medical, tuyenlab.net
|Fig 1. Coin in the proximal esophagus of a 2-year-old boy (AP|
view). It was causing a cough over the previous 4 days. It was impacted
at the upper esophageal sphincter.
Fig 2. Button batteries are commonly swallowed by children
and present a high risk of severe complications and possible death.
|Fig 3. Rare earth magnets or Neodymium magnets are particularly dangerous when swallowed, especially if more than one is swallowed within a short period of time.|
|Fig 4. Lateral view of coin in proximal esophagus. |
|Fig 5. Endoscopic view of coin impacted in mid-esophagus.|
|Fig 6. Coin in lower esophagus (PA view). It was impacted at|
the lower esophageal sphincter.
|Fig 7. Radiograph of a button battery showing the “double|
contour” or “halo.”
|Fig 8. Radiograph showing two magnets in close proximity in|
the small bowel. It may not be possible to tell if they are attached
across the bowel wall or within the bowel lumen.
|Fig 9. Straight pin on abdominal radiograph (PA view).|
|Fig 10. Large radiolucent foreign body obstructed at the|
pylorus. The first view shows a heart shaped plastic toy obstructed
at the pylorus. The second view represents the view after endoscopic
extraction of the plastic toy.
This is only a part of the book : Color Atlas of Pediatrics 1st Edition of authors: Richard P. Usatine, MD; Camille Sabella, MD; Mindy Ann Smith, MD; E.J. Mayeaux, Jr., MD; Heidi S. Chumley, MD and Elumalai Appachi, MD, MRCP (UK). If you want to view the full content of the book and support author. Please buy it here: https://goo.gl/BEp0yD